Tuesday 1 May 2012

"Monster"



                                       A face full of bubbles!

A quieter start to the week than I thought but the river rose almost a foot yesterday and went coloured! We mansaged 1 from Carlogie caught by Alan Lankshear from the village and 2 from Ballogie, biggest 15lbs.

                             Action at the Sands pool, Ballogie

Today saw more action at Ballogie, we lost a good fighting fish from the Sands then got a 10lb fish from the Bullworks and had a 10lber from the Lower Inchbare pool.



I got a call from a fisher at Carlogie who was into a "Monster" in the Long Haugh pool and couldn't move it. I was just in Alans pool above him and waded across to the island in my Tweeds and wellys, I was up to my Crown jewels as I crossed the stream and on reaching the fisher I said it had better be a big fish! A couple of minutes later we had the "Monster" landed but it turned out only to be a 13lb "Monster", luckily he had caught it on one of my flies so I forgave him for getting me soaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment