Saturday 14 January 2012

Reveiw of Somers Fishing Tackle Tube Fly Box

This season I will be using a new tube fly box designed by Colin Craik of Somers Fishing Tackle.
The box measures 6" long, 41/2" wide and 2" deep and has a sealed side with compartments for tube flies while the other side has a slotted foam base for hooks or flies. The depth on this side is ideal so you don't get your flies crushed when you close the lid and, it can easily hold 30+ hooks or flies.The side for the tubes is divided up into 5 compartments with 1x 6" long, 2x 31/2" long and 2x 2" long again, these can hold lots of assorted lengths of tube flies including large long winged flies like Sunray Shadows or Monkey flies.The box is totally waterproof and the outside of the box is ridged to help grip it with wet hands.
If you are interested in one of these then you can contact Colin either by using the link on the Blog or by email sales@somers-fishing.com

3 comments:

  1. Why don´t you take them up in the Ghillies Fly Box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of these myself. I cannot recommend it highly enough. I love the fact it is semi transparent so you can see what is inside without having to open it when the rain is pouring down and the wind is howling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lots of my anglers have these now, I can't recommend them enough!

      Delete